Monday, August 21, 2017

Painted Harvest

Sunday was the day for my son and future daughter-in-law's bridal shower. It was a wonderful shower with family and friends attending. The couple received wonderful gifts. We are blessed with so many community members, friends, and family that are support the two as they begin the next journey in life! As one of their gifts, I made 50 thank you cards with matching envelopes.

I used the new Painted Harvest stamp set that is found in the new Holiday catalog that starts September 1, 2017. I used Bermuda bay for the flower color and Pear Pizzazz for the background color and leaves. The leaves are actually from the Daisy stamp set. I speckled the background with Old Olive and the center of the flower is Memento black. You will see more of this stamp set from me.

Just thought I would share one other picture. I was asked to make cream cheese mints for the shower so wanted to surprise the bride-to-be with tooth mints. She will be finishing dentistry school in May, therefore, the tooth idea. I looked everywhere online for a tooth mint mold, but didn't have any luck. I did find the supplies to make my own mint mold and I was very pleased with how they turned out. The bride-to-be was happy to see the teeth mints and had to send this picture to her other dentist classmates! She asked to have them for the wedding too! Now to work on a mint mold made especially for my son! He is an engineer!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Jane

2 comments:

  1. I love the card, and especially love the teeth! Is there anything you can't or won't do or at least try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for a challenge and when I put my mind to doing something, I will at least give it my best shot in seeing whether I can accomplish it or not. It's great when everything goes as planned! I'll have to post my crepe paper flowers that I made for the bridal shower. Now they were a challenge to figure out how to display! Brooke loved the teeth mints! Planning to make them for the wedding too!

    ReplyDelete