Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tag Swap

Today I wanted to share with you a tag I made for a tag swap. I had to design a 4 x 6 tag using my take on a shabby chic design. I made eight tags of the same design, sent them to the gal putting on the swap, Laura Denison, and she will send me eight different tags from others that have joined the swap. I made my tag into a slider tag. By pulling the cord at the top of the tag, reveals a top and bottom piece from within the tag.


For the tag top, I wheeled the background and then stamped the Kindness Matters butterflies randomly over the white card stock piece. The Hello, Doily is embossed with white and then using a resist technique, I sponged baja breeze ink over the top. After wiping away the ink on the embossed image, it reveals the white doily. The white flowers are die cut flowers that I watered down to make flexible and pinched together. After drying, these little flowers become very hard. The leaves are die cuts. The satin, fabric flower is cut out using the three smaller circles on the circle die. I use a tea light to burn the edges, layer the circles, and added a pearl to the center. If you are interested in the slider card, you could Google it to find instructions or I would be glad to help, if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment