Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Elements of Style piano

I'm still into the vintage, shabby chic mood so here is the latest card I made for a dear friend. I hope the card made it through the mail okay. It was a little bumpy in the envelope.

The card base is black cardstock. I glued the white pieces (piano keys) to the base of the card. It took me a while to figure out the size of the white keys so to save you some time, if you would like to make a card like this one, they are each 1/2 inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long. The black keys are 3/8 inch wide and I believe 7/8 inch long. I can't remember for sure, but once you get them cut you can probably tell. The words randomly stamped on the vanilla cardstock "Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need." are from the Trust God stamp set. Elements of Style stamp set was used for the flowers and I wheeled the banner with the musical notes. A paper doily is between the card and the flowers. It's kind of hard to see. The rose is made from a Spellbinders die and an antique brad in the center, and the other flowers and leaves are just store bought. I'm liking the liquid pearls I bought a long time ago (not Stampin' Up).  If you have any questions, just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment