Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January Stamp Club

I have just a short time before getting back to the next ball game to continue taking pictures. I'll start with a couple of the projects we made at stamp club last night. There are actually four projects so I will share two today and the others hopefully over the next couple days.

I saw the idea of the Scratch-off Valentine card on the Better Homes & Garden website. If you mix 2 parts metallic paint with 1 part liquid dish soap, paint contact paper, and let dry. I applied a second coat to fully cover the contact paper. Cut the hearts out and write messages on the base of the card before attaching the hearts over the messages. They suggested sending a penny with the card so they could scratch-off the heart of their choice. Some of the ladies had some very creative messages to put under the hearts. My husband will even like this card. Don't get all crazy on me. Some of the suggestions were a batch of cookies, brownies, a hug, a kiss, candy, love you always, etc. You get the idea.
My printer at home isn't very good so the print isn't the best. Under the "Are you lucky in LOVE?" is a message to (scratch off a heart and find out).

One other quick project was a fortune cookie. I had the ladies die cut a 3 1/2" circle of designer series paper and the site that I found this idea on had a whole list to print of fortunes to go inside of the cookies.
I thought it was a fun idea! Better go. Let me know what Valentines you have been making for those special people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment