Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY embossing folder--polka dots & stripes

I was able to give the homemade embossing folder a try. The sandwich was using the platform with tab 1 open, a clear plate, the homemade embossing sheet, cardstock to emboss, the rubber mat that was used for the embossing templates, the other clear plate, and I did add one sheet of card stock for a shim. I actually tried polka dots first  . . .

Here's a piece I tried just to see how it would work . . .
 and then I remembered I wished I had the striped embossing folder for a card I wanted to try . . .
I just used sticky notes to hold my pieces of card stock into place. Here is the card I made using the striped embossing folder . . .

I'm not sure if I like the background piece or not, but the stripes worked great. This is the perfect card for the Cross Country mom that provides Bomb pop for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment