Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baptism Cake with Fondant flowers

Here's another craft that I enjoy doing once-in-a-while. I am not professional, but I usually tell the person ordering the cake that so they won't expect too much.
I thought I could share the homemade fondant recipe that I used for the flowers. I can make the decorations a head and after frosting the cake, just add them on. I found this recipe on My Craft Channel, but sized it down because it makes a really large batch. The batch of fondant would cover an entire cake, but I frost my cake with buttercream frosting and just use the fondant for the decorations.



Fondant Recipe (yields about 1 cup)
In a microwave safe bowl, add
1 1/2 Tbsp. water
1/4 pkg. of mini marshmallows (10.5 oz.)
Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
Stir in powdered sugar (approx. 1/4 bag) until you get a ball. Knead the ball on the counter top continuing to add more powdered sugar and add 1 Tbsp Crisco, until you get the consistency you can work with (like play dough).

I just went on Google and found a video on how to make fondant roses and went from there. The fondant tastes really good, unlike what you buy at the store. If you ever give it a try, let me know how it goes.

God Bless Kourtney as she is baptized today.

No comments:

Post a Comment