Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shoebox Cards--Burwell

Here are the shoebox cards that were available to make on Saturday in Burwell. What a bunch of talented ladies. I really enjoy being able to spend some extra time stamping with these ladies. Thanks for the inspiration gals.

Pat's card. Elegant as usual. I saw this die cut doily that was used in the background as a chandelier on a card. Something to think about.
Earla's card. White on white is a favorite of mine. You can add text on the left side. I just left it off for now so I can add the sentiment when I need a specific card. My picture isn't the best, but we used an embossing folder for the background and the various butterflies are sitting on flowers and leaves. Quick and easy card, but so versatile. Adding pearls or gems to the butterflies is always a good thing. I like bling.
Loretta's card using the Elements of Style stamp set (love this set) and the butterflies. I'm glad butterflies are an in thing. They give added texture and feature to any card. Simple, but gorgeous card.
Linda's card. The background paper was like the Core' dinations paper found in the Holiday Mini. We used the sanding block to reveal the darker color that was embossed. Butterfly with gems too, love it!
Stella's card. Made me realize I should have gotten the lace border punch. Neat idea to weave the ribbon through the border punch. Very pretty card!
BJ's card. Great use of the computer and (I know it wasn't a cricut that was used, but can't remember what type of die cutting machine was used) cut out. I didn't take a picture of the text she had inside, but it was wonderful. Very creative!
Kirsten's card. I forgot to mask a circle in the sky for a moon when sponging the background colors. Love the different color combination. Silhouettes are a favorite of mine too because I enjoy working with the sponges and creating backgrounds. Again, an all occasion card that you can just add a sentiment and you have a card ready to go.
See what I mean by a talented group of ladies. Can't wait to get together again with them.

Almost forgot to show my shoebox card. It's a Double Pocket card.
You can find the directions on Internet, which is where I found it or you can email me and I can send you the directions I have. The card looks intimidating, but it really isn't that bad once you've tried it a couple times. I went through 2-3 sheets of cardstock before I had it down pat. I've heard there were a couple ladies that have made more of this card style already since Saturday so I'm glad it was something that you wanted to make again. I like to challenge the ladies sometimes, because I know they can do it.

I've seen samples of this card where you can stick Halloween treats in the pockets, packets of seed during the Spring time, a packet of soup for a Get Well Card, what about coupons for Valentine's day, and you could put a package of Kool-aid and the recipe for play dough on a tag. The ideas are endless. If you come up with a different idea, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment