Thursday, October 11, 2012

Croptoberfest Make n Takes

I've finally decided on the two make n takes that I will be providing at the Croptoberfest this Saturday, in O'Neill. I tried to keep them simple because I don't know the people that will be attending and what experience they have with stamping. I hope everyone enjoys them.

The French Foliage stamp set was used on the first card. I masked the card front using sticky notes leaving the middle for stamping.  Sponge around the outside using crumb cake ink. The leaves were stamped using cherry cobbler, old olive, and more mustard inks. I used the Rock n Roll technique by inking the image in the color first and then rolling the outside part of the image using early espresso ink. The spots are stamped using the early espresso ink and the feint words in the background were using the crumb cake ink. Remove the mask and use the scoring tool to give some dimension above and below the stamped area. The sentiment and Baker's twine were added.
The card base is using the crumb cake card stock. I created a template that would make it easier to mark where the butterflies will be so that they are centered on the card. I stamped the antennas first and then randomly stamped the sentiment on the card front using the Versamark pad.  I stamped the butterflies using Staz-on ink on the various colored card stock: vanilla, perfect plum, and rose red. I attached the butterflies to the already stamped antennas. Cover the butterflies with crystal effects and drizzle a little dazzling diamonds glitter over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment