Thursday, January 19, 2012

Best Wishes card

I'm getting behind here in my posts. The days just go by so fast. I finally finished a 11 1/2 minute community video after working on it every chance I could for the last three days. Anyway, I made up some cards over the weekend so I would have one to share each day this week, but just didn't get them posted. So here is another card . . .
I used the Mocha designer series paper, the oval embossing folder, the lacey edge punch, oval all words, and the extra large oval punch for the words. I've been wanting to figure out how to make my own flowers. I was satisfied with this flower. I've looked in Hobby Lobby and didn't really want to spend the money on flowers that would probably not really match the card I would be making so decided I needed to start experimenting with my own flowers. I used the circles die and I believe the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punches and snipped Vs around the edge of each circle. I sprayed the paper with water so that it is easy to pinch the paper together to create the texture. I opened the circles back up and layered them so that they would dry. The paper drys really hard and will keep this shape. I added a vintage brad and that's it. It really isn't raised up too much on the card, and I thought I could add some glitter or dazzling details too if I wanted. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment