Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine's Day card

I had a little time last night to put a card together. I decided I should start deciding what to make at the stamping clubs. I have the Chambers club going full force and will be starting a club in Ainsworth. I'm still deciding on what cards to make, but here is one that I'm thinking about.
I purchased the small heart punch from Stampin' Up, along with the Candy Conversation stamp, but they won't be delivered until Wednesday so I used an old heart stamp punch that I already had and punched the hearts out of vanilla card stock. I put different red papers behind the punched heart and then backed the square in cherry cobbler card stock. The words are from the Three Little Words stamp set and stamped using Soft Suede ink. I stamped 'i love you' in the middle of the card. The musical notes are from the standard wheel that I inked in Soft Suede. I took a sponge and shaded around the card. I just love the vintage, antique look. I have a couple other ideas to try so I'm not sure if this will be one of the sample cards yet or not for the stamp clubs. Probably won't get any stamping done tonight with basketball games at school all evening. I'm excited that my order should be delivered on Wednesday night. I'll pass along more ideas then.

No comments:

Post a Comment