Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snowmen cards

Since I haven't posted for a while I thought I would put both of my snowmen (Holiday Lineup) cards on. They are based on kind of the same thing.

I used the spotlighting technique so I didn't have to color all of the snowmen. One thing I did learn from another demonstrator's blog was that the medium sized oval on the ovals die will cut out around the dotted edge of the oval embossing folder. Of course, I don't have the ovals die so that will go on my list. Cut the oval out of the card stock using the die and then with a little dotto tape to hold the oval in place on the oval embossing folder, run the embossing folder through the die. It seemed to work slick as could be. I can't wait to try it.

On both cards I used the Iridescent Ice. I used versa mark all over the snowmen, then applied the iridescent ice powder, and heated it up. It just sparkles! I used the color spritzer tool and markers to add a little something to the background. The sentiment is from the Elements of Style stamp set and used the scoring tool to get the banner effect. Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment