Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Here are a few thank yous I made for a friend. I had a short time to come up with an idea so these cards are pretty simple. The card stock vellum overlay has been run through the Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. I attached a piece of designer series paper (DSP) to the front of the card base and then I used two mini glue dots on the left edge (where the ribbon it) to attach the vellum on top of the DSP. I did rub the edges of the vellum to give it a vintage effect using a sponge and the soft suede ink. To cover the glue dots that were showing through, the ribbon is wrapped around the card.
The ribbon was actually white and all I did was opened the ink pad that matches the DSP and using a dauber I rubbed the top of the ribbon onto the ink pad. The ribbon picks up the ink from the ink pad and then you have matching ribbon. If you try this you might want to be sure to let the ribbon dry completely so the ink doesn't go on the card. Here are the other cards . . . same card, just different DSP and colors added to the ribbon to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment