Thursday, October 20, 2011

 It's almost the weekend! If you hadn't heard the girls cross country team (Go Paige!) is going to state! The girls as a team placed 3rd at Districts which qualifies the whole team getting to go to Kearney on Friday and run at the State meet. It's pretty exciting for everyone.

I am looking forward to the weekend and getting to stay home on Saturday (hope to get some stamping done). I should be going to the last marching contest in Lincoln, but I'm leaving the spectator position to Tyler, my son. He lives in Lincoln so he will go and watch his sister march. I will get to stay home and clean house and hopefully get to do some stamping! I haven't had a chance to even put my things away since stamping club on Tuesday so I'll get to that too. If any of you are starting on your Christmas gift giving ideas, here is a poem that I used last year for Christmas. I don't remember where I got it, but it makes for a cute gift item, of course, with some m & m's.


The M & M's Christmas Story

As you hold these candies in your hand,
and turn them, you will see...
The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
They tell the Christmas story.
It's one I'm sure you know.
It took place in a stable a long, long, time ago.
The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger, where Baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the wise men, who came bearing gifts.
W is for Worship. Hallelujah, praise His name!
So as you eat these candies,
or share them with your friends,
remember the meaning of Christmas.
It's a love story that never ends.
--Pam Ridenour

I'll try to get some stamping done soon and share what I make. Keep stamping and send those cards out to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment