Tuesday, November 1, 2011


I found this card example on Internet and I added a few little details of my own. It is made out of Naturals Ivory card stock (pg. 181 in the catalog). It has flex in the paper, unlike the Very Vanilla card stock. You might not see the score line that is 1/2" all around the card. It is suppose to give the illusion of grooves in the door. I don't know how I ever lasted without the scoring tool (found in the Holiday Mini catalog). It does take up a lot of counter top, but I'm using it all the time. I used the woodgrain background stamp on an extra piece of (2 1/2 x 3 7/8") Natural Ivory card stock. Cut this piece in half at 1 1/4 and then at 1 15/16. I sponged the card base and the four pieces with soft suede. The wreath is made using the 2 3/8" scallop circle, 1 3/4" scallop circle, and the center is punched out using 1" circle punch. I stamped the wreaths using a tree stamp that is retired, but the tree in the Christmas Lodge stamp set would work great. The scallop circles are separated by using dimensionals. The bow is made using the 1/2" cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon (pg. 195 in the catalog). I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the seam binding ribbon. It is light and not bulky at all. For some reason I thought it would be heavier.  The door knob is punched using the larger circle on the owl builder punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment