Friday, June 29, 2012

Clear Mount Cling Foam

Okay, so could you tell I was excited about the tag swaps? I've calmed down some, so today I want to share what I was going to share with you yesterday. I've been wanting to take a wheel apart and using the Clear Mount Cling Foam (pg 7) and make it into a stamp. I bought the Viola's lace wheel to give it a try. Here are a few pictures to help explain . . .

On the wheel, there is a seam where the image starts and stops. I cut at that seam and the rubber pulls off of the wheel very easily. The sticky stayed on the wheel so I didn't have to clean it off the rubber. I bought the "I" block that measures 5 7/8" long so that I could use it to stamp the new image. After trimming the rubber part the way I wanted (it was going to be too long to fit on the block, but it is long enough to cover the length of a 5 1/2" card) so I cut off about an inch of the rubber.
I cut a piece of the Clear Mount Cling Foam that would fit the rubber and peeled the paper off of the sticky side. I added the rubber to the sticky side and then trimmed any of the cling foam away that wasn't covered by the rubber.
I peeled the paper off of the other side which reveals the foam that will adhere to the clear block, just like any other clear stamp that you can buy.
I stuck it to the clear block.
Here is a card that I made. It is so easy to get the lace straight compared to if I wanted to wheel the lace on the card. It almost looks like real lace. I'm going to have to try and emboss the lace and see what that looks like. I also used the Papillon Potpourri butterfly, the Everything Eleanor flower designs, Trust God stamp set for the words, and the largest die cut from the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L.
Maybe you will want to consider taking apart a wheel. I was very satisfied with how mine turned out. If you have any questions, just email me and I'd be glad to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment