Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Little Wild

A new baby boy was added to our community last week so decided to make a baby card in honor of the new parents. Congratulations Ben and Debra!
In making this card, I will do things a little differently next time. If you can see by the picture, I lost some of the texture on the cable knit embossed background because I embossed first and then cut the circle from the front of the card. It also left a lot of marks from my well used clear cutting plates (pg. 209 AC). Next time, I will slightly attach the Bermuda bay card stock to the base card using sticky notes so it doesn't move, cut the middle circle through the Bermuda bay card stock and the front of the base card, and then remove the Bermuda bay card stock to run through the embossing folder. Then I would reattach to the front of the base card. I added a little Bermuda bay 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon through the circle. Stamped the elephant from the A Little Wild stamp set (pg. 108 AC) on watercolor paper, cut the front and back image using the coordinating Little Loves framelit (bundle available pg. 108), and colored the elephant using an aqua painter and smoky slate and pink pirouette ink pads (pg. 186 AC). I attached the front image to the back image only at the top, so by leaving the feet unattached, I could slip the image over the bottom edge of the circle.
Having the back image is so adorable. On the inside, front part of the base card, I stamped the jar using Archival Black ink from the Jar of Love stamp set (pg. 29 AC) so that the elephant looks like he is standing on the jar to peek through the hole. I stamped the sentiment with Bermuda bay ink through the center circle onto the back of the base card. CASEd this card from Tina Rappe, with a few changes of my own.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment