Friday, July 7, 2017

Daisy Stamp Set and Punch

Today's inspiration was taken from Dorte Kebling. I am really enjoying the daisy punch and stamp set. So easy to make a classy card.
The base of the card is white card stock folded to the standard A2 card (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) with a layer of Wild Wasabi card stock (4 x 5 1/4) and watercolor paper on top (3 3/4 x 5). I've been seeing a lot of the watercolor backgrounds on Internet so after searching and watching some Youtube videos, I finally found a technique that is quick and easy. I'm sorry I can't give credit, since I don't remember exactly whose video I watched. I watched a bunch of them.

Watercolor Technique
Spritz the watercolor paper generously with water.
Take a clear block (I used the D block) and tap it on whatever ink pad color you want. I used Wild Wasabi and Garden Green.
Rub the clear block with ink on it, over the wet watercolor paper. It blends nicely if you have enough water on the paper.
I take a paper towel and dab off any excess water and it leaves a nice pastel watercolor background.
I spritz the paper again, if I decide to add more color and basically repeat the process.
I like to lay something heavy on the watercolor paper until it dries so the paper will lay flat when gluing to the other background papers.

I used the Timeless Textures stamp set (pg. 154 AC) to make the speckles on the card. I repeated the stamping to have dark images that turn to lighter images. I stamped the daisy image using Daffodil Delight ink, from the Daisy Delight Stamp set (pg. 127 AC) on white card stock and used the coordinating punch to punch it out. I used two of the stamped daisies to make the flower. I used the bone folder to give the petals a little curve. The leaves are a two step process. The solid image is using Wild Wasabi ink and the outline of the leaves is using Garden Green. I fussy cut the leaves out. The metallic gold thread (pg. 198 AC) is attached using glue dots on the back of the daisy flower. I didn't add any sentiment so when I need a specific card, I will add it to the card. This has a lot of potential for a birthday card, thinking of you, wedding card, etc.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment