Saturday, July 8, 2017

Daisy stamp set with embossing paste

If the embossing paste hasn't caught your eye in the Stampin' Up annual catalog, you might want to take another look. You can find the supplies on page 201 of the catalog. You need the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (basically stencils), embossing paste, and the palette knives. A good example of the process can be found on page 176.
The background diamond shape was made using the embossing paste. I did color the white paste with a drop of garden green ink. It doesn't take much of the paste and it dries really quickly. I had seen on other demonstrator's videos to drop the stencil immediately in water after use because it does dry so fast. They are absolutely right! Once again I used the daisy delight stamp set and used smoky slate ink, stamped off once, for the very light color of gray on the daisy. The center is stamped using Crushed Curry and punched out with the 1/2 inch circle punch. The outside leaf image was stamped with garden green and the inside is wild wasabi. I did find it was easier to stamp the outside line and then fill in with the solid stamp. I fussy cut the leaves out. I added some linen thread (pg. 199 AC) behind the flower and bermuda bay 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon is attached in a Z fold to give it a pop of color. I used the bermuda bay ink pad and just rubbed the outside edges of the top layer, white card stock because the card just seemed too white. The Thank You sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set (pg. 162 AC). It was stamped with bermuda bay ink on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. The card base is white with a bermuda bay and another white piece of card stock stacked on top.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Jane

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for my order of embossing paste to arrive! I look the look of it on the card. Thank for such great card ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love the embossing paste. It's really fun! I'm glad you like the card ideas.

    ReplyDelete