Monday, July 3, 2017

Mini Scrapbook for Finley Kay

I took an ordinary Dollar General brag book (I believe cost $1.) and turned it into a mini scrapbook for a young couple that just had their first baby.

I cut the covers off and separated each of the pages. The album is attached using 1" bind-it-all wires. Here are a few of the pages. Most of the pages were made using the Simple Stories Hello Baby paper pad (got from Hobby Lobby). I wrote the title on the front cover and the flowers are from the Colorful Seasons stamp set (pg. 147 Stampin' Up's AC). Retired Stampin' Up ribbon is tied on the wire binding.
The paper pack made the pages happen pretty easily, since they are printed to tell exactly what you want them to say.

 Each month has a design similar to the one below that they can easily fill in the information and add a photo below the information.
 I had extra pages besides the 12 months to include some holidays where I thought the couple might be dressing Finley up and could capture a photo moment. Halloween is below. Adding a little journaling spot at the top and a 4 x 6 photo would go below.
 Thanksgiving
 Christmas
 Easter
 The last pages are for the 1st year birthday photos.
 I used Stampin' Up's Balloon Celebration stamp set (pg. 84 AC) and coordinating punch to decorate the 1st birthday page.
This album went together pretty quickly so will plan to make more of them for other new babies in the area.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment