Thursday, July 13, 2017

Coffee Cafe Bundle

For all you coffee or latte drinkers, the Coffee Cafe bundle (pg. 31 AC) is something you might be interested in.

This card is going to my mother-in-law for her birthday. Not your ordinary birthday card, but I found it appropriate because she doesn't really enjoy getting older or having birthdays, but she does enjoy her coffee. Therefore, Life Happens, Coffee Helps! The base of the card is white and I added 1/2 inch strips of early espresso along the sides. I had made the embossed white center piece (3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in) earlier so decided to use it as the background. The embossing paste (pg. 201 AC) is fun to use and when you are at it, make several backgrounds at a time. It does take a little prep time when using the embossing paste because you want to have water ready to clean the masks and tools after use because of the fast drying time. I mixed a drop of Garden green ink with the white paste (used the silicon craft sheet (pg. 203 AC) before applying using the diamond mask. The colors are endless because of the many re-inkers available. Having several pieces of card stock ready, enabled me to keep making backgrounds to use up the paste I had mixed. The embossing paste goes a long way so start with a small amount. The Coffee Break DSP strips (1/2 x 4") were added at the bottom of the card. I stamped the coffee cup (early espresso), the lid (garden green), and the cup sleeve sentiment (garden green) and then ran them all through the Big Shot at one time with the coordinating dies. Looking forward to working more with this set!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment